Whether you’re buying a new house in St. Louis or upgrading the one you currently have, consider adding yard fencing to your to-do list. While fencing requires an upfront investment, it’s one of the smartest ones you can make to add value to your home and to protect everyone inside.
Whatever yard fencing ideas you have in mind, there’s an option to meet your taste and budget, from ornamental and simulated stone to vinyl and aluminum. Best of all, maintenance is a cinch so you can spend your time focusing on the dozens of other home updates you need to tackle.
Why Yard Fencing is a Great Investment to Consider
Here are 6 benefits of yard fencing that will convince you that your home could use one:
- Adds an extra level of protection for your loved ones. You want your kids to be able to enjoy the great outdoors without worrying they’ll wander away. Or to let your dogs run free without worrying they’ll be among the 10 million pets who get lost every year. With yard fencing, everyone is in view all the time – and you help keep threats to a minimum.
- Enhances your privacy. Ideal for busy neighborhoods, privacy fencing, available in a variety of heights and panel widths, keeps prying eyes at bay so you can relax, play and work without feeling like you’re on display.
- Increases the value of your home. According to U.S. News and World Report, installing a fence can increase your home’s value by up to 10 percent when you do end up selling, especially since privacy and safety are big selling points for new home buyers. However the quality of your fence does matter – realtors recommend durable materials like vinyl as opposed to wood or chain-link.
- Complements the look of your home. Maintenance-Free Outdoor Solutions, Inc. carries a full line of traditional, modern and cutting-edge options in a number of colors so you can find a style that matches your home’s aesthetics and enhances its curb appeal. And if your backyard needs a little work, yard fencing can hide any unattractive areas as well!
- Reduces exterior noise. Most people don’t think of fencing as a sound barrier, but real estate website Zillow.com reports a privacy fence can knock six to 10 decibels off of ambient outdoor noise. For homeowners who live on busy St. Louis streets or near MetroLink tracks, that can reduce your noise level by up to 85 percent!
- Defines your property lines. Even if you and your next-door neighbors are the best of friends, yard fencing can outline clear-cut boundaries and prevent possible property squabbles down the road. It can be especially important when you’re selling your house so you can account for the square footage or acreage you’re advertising. Just be sure to have your yard surveyed before installing yard fencing so you don’t encroach on your neighbor’s territory.
Undecided On A Fence? Dig In With Our Ultimate Guide to Fencing Ebook! Get this free guide now!
If you need more reason to consider fencing, check out our related post: “Increase Your Curb Appeal and Home Value.”
Get the Most From Your Backyard
Yard fencing is a simple way to turn the outdoors into your own personal sanctuary. Plus, when it’s installed by Maintenance-Free Outdoor Solutions in St. Louis, it’s one home renovation that’s more affordable than you ever imagined. Contact us today for custom fence ideas for your home and to get your free, no-obligation estimate. And don’t forget download your free copy of Understanding the Maintenance-Free Lifestyle before installing your next fence.